Topic: Google Contacts does not properly.

I have a contacts of 3000+ In one category I have close to 200+. When I load, I see 25 contacts. Hardly I see address in there. all my contacts up to date in google contacts...

Please help.

Re: Google Contacts does not properly.

Hello. Near the top right of the window it should say "Google Contacts (x entries)". What is x in your case?
Is it similar if you load different groups? Or if you load "All contacts"?
GC

3 (edited by jk.elp July 28, 2017 15:22)

wow. what was super soft.. response.

to answer your questions..

I opened a category..  it shows "The google Contacts: (25 entries)" But I have 200+ contacts

Is it similar if you load different groups? Or if you load "All contacts"?
GC

Here the update..

When I load all contact that is 3000+ but "Google Contacts: (989 entries)"
When a load a group that is 200 but "Google Contacts: (20 entries)"

I can't think why this is happening, and without having access to your contacts it's difficult to proceed. Can you see any pattern in the ones that are being loaded? In Gmail look at the details for a few contacts which do load, and then for a few that don't to see if there is a pattern.
GC

Same here even i am not able to see..  a pattern.. but each time when i load.. a group same number of google contacts is loading.. Eg. If i Load Group a.. (which has 200+) is shows 25 every time i load..

Another thing i would like to bring it to your attention..

"Show Category drop down box" is always disabled. Hope this help..

let me know if there is any turn around..

'Show Category' will be disabled if you haven't created any categories within ELP.
In my Google contacts I have several entries which are just email addresses and nothing else - presumably created when people have emailed me via Gmail. These will not be imported. Could it be you have a lot of those?
GC

gregston wrote:

'Show Category' will be disabled if you haven't created any categories within ELP.
In my Google contacts I have several entries which are just email addresses and nothing else - presumably created when people have emailed me via Gmail. These will not be imported. Could it be you have a lot of those?
GC

I have added all those contacts. Those are not emailed contacts. sad

should I drop this?

Hi,
All I can suggest for now is that you export your Google Contacts as a CSV file and load them into ELP that way. ELP should load the CSV file directly but I've just noticed with mine it doesn't load them properly, so I nee to look in to that. If this happens to you load the CSV file into Excel or a good spreadsheet first, delete columns you don't need, and try again. This would be a good time to look at your contacts in the spreadsheet and see if there's anything strange going on that might be causing the original problem.
GC

I've just uploaded Version 3.1.3 which fixes the bug mentioned in my last post, so if you do go the csv route that should be OK now.